Hello all and welcome to my post for the Young Crafters Unite Blog Hop! Incidentally, this is my first time participating in a blog hop, so I hope everything goes smoothly. =P Young crafters (of all ages!) are participating in this hop, and there's some great giveaways for some lucky commenters. Personally, I feel like no matter how old I get, crafting will always keep me young. I feel like a kid at Christmas every time I get a delivery from one of my online crafting stores. In fact, I refer to the packages as "presents". =) Also, I'm pretty sure taking some time out to craft is keeping me from aging prematurely from the stress of my "regular life"!
As you can see from the graphic there, the theme is "our favorite things," and we were asked to make a project incorporating our favorite product, technique, color....anything! Frankly, I think I suffered a little from so much freedom. I had a hard time settling on what I was going to do. Since it was clearly impossible for me to choose one favorite product from my stash, I finally decided on picking a favorite theme. The theme I chose was "butterflies". I have a weakness for butterflies. When I was doing this project, I discovered 2 butterfly stamps I didn't know I had. =) I also have this fantastic Mariposa Matstack from DCWV which I knew would have the perfect paper for my card. It's full of beautiful paper and almost every piece has a butterfly on it somewhere! So here's the final outcome:
In addition to being covered with butterflies, this card also features many other favorites. Besides the paper already mentioned it has:
- My newest favorite card layout. Found it in this fantastic magazine.
- Core'dinations carstock - those beautiful turquoise pieces are all from one sheet.
- My brand new (just received this week!) Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I've been seeing this on other people's projects for ages and finally broke down and got it. I'm so excited to use it on more projects! =)
- Flowers custom colored with my Copic Markers. (The one I used here was R37)
- Adirondack Alcohol Inks. I colored the sequins in the flowers' middles with Butterscotch. I love these inks!
- And last but not least, Rock Candy Distress Stickles. You can kind of see them on the butterfly in this close-up:
In addition to a new project, we can also include a link to a favorite post from the past, and I chose this one. It also has a butterfly on it. =)
Well I hope you all are enjoying the hop. You should have come from Neha's blog, and your next stop is Tania's blog. Don't forget to leave some comment love for these talented ladies! Also, here is the link to our lovely host site, Young Crafters Unite. Have fun!
Just want to end with one more pic that makes me smile:
As you can see, I keep all my important supplies under this window, including my Crafting Cat. =)
Thanks for looking!