Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jingle Belles Cardstock Challenge

Just have a quick card share today. I've been following the Jingle Belles challenge blog for a while now, but haven't managed to make time to make a card for any of the challenges. They always look super fun, and I like the idea of making Christmas cards throughout the year so that it doesn't come down to a rush at Christmas time. This week's challenge was to use just cardstock - no patterned paper - to make a card. I was also inspired by this week's materials over at Online Card Classes. I'm taking the Summer Card Camp class right now and it is AWESOME. Their classes are always great but this one is especially packed with inspiration and cool techniques. One of the ideas for this week was to make a circle card, and I've been meaning to get out my nested dies more often, so I combined that idea with the Jingle Belles challenge to make this card:


(Please excuse the dark photos. It was late in the day when I was taking these.)

I used three different dies to make the two circles and the scalloped base, and the top two circles were embossed with embossing folders. It's hard to see, but one of my favorite tricks with this Swiss dots embossing folder is to put some Stickles on all the little dots, which I did on this card to add a little sparkle. The smallest circle also has some shine - I colored it with Distress inks and then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls mist in Mint.


I have to say I was nervous about making a card with no pre-printed patterns whatsoever, but I am actually pretty happy with the result. I will have to try this again! =) 

Thanks for looking! 

*~M~*

3 comments:

  1. oh ♥WOW♥! what a gorgeous C&S card; seriously, who could possibly miss patterned paper when confronted with something as lovely and sophisticated as this! what a great design! thanks for joining our cardstock christmas fun at JINGLE BELLES... so exciting to have you play for the first time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza ... so many great elements come together in your design ... a a true holiday feast for the eyes ... I especially love the combination of the spray with the embossing .. and the unexpected layered shapes ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopping over from Jingle Belles! Congrats! This card is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers