Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A CASual Return (Hopefully)

Hello all! 

Well, there has been some serious blog neglect going on here for the past...uh...year, really. I had a grand total of 8...that's EIGHT, mind you....posts to this blog in the entire year of 2013. And none...that's ZERO, mind you....since last June. Wow. That is some impressive neglect. It isn't that I haven't been crafting, but I definitely lost the motivation to post to my blog. I'm working out some things in terms of streamlining the posting process, so hopefully I can dust off this ol' blog and get it working again. =) 

So to start off, I have made a card for a challenge. In the last several months, I have been drawn more and more to a clean and simple style of cardmaking. Along those lines, I started following the CAS-ual Fridays challenge blog, and this is the first time I've actually made a card in time for the challenge. This week's challenge was to use at least two shades of gray. I actually had the idea for this card before seeing the challenge, and I was going to make it on some beautiful dark navy cardstock...but I actually like the gray better. =) Gray (and it's shiny cousin, silver) is one of my all-time favorite colors, but I never would have thought to use it as a card base. I'm glad this challenge came along to steer me in a new direction. Here's the card:


I had this idea to do a bunch of stamping with white embossing on a dark background, and then I thought it would be more interesting if I did some solid images with the Brilliance Moonlight White ink, which creates kind of a shadowy shimmer. The pieces on the sides are from a gorgeous DCWV glitter paper pad. All of the stamps are from the set in the Simon Says Stamp February card kit.  

Thanks for looking, and hopefully I will be back very soon!

*~M~*





5 comments:

  1. Nice! Don't you just love that stamp set? I've used so many times! I really like how the white embossing powder really makes the flowers stands out on that shade of gray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous...love the white embossing!
    From one washingtonian to another!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the world of blogging Mary! This is such an elegant card ;-) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I especially love the solid stamped flowers and the soft vellum look.
    Thanks so much for joining CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers