Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A New Class, An Old Idea

Hello Bloglanders! Believe it or not, I actually did some scrapbooking today. It's been a long time, and I think this is my first layout since starting this blog. It all started when I was reading my blog subscriptions this morning, and read a wonderful post over at Shimelle's blog. For a whole day she was giving all the profits from her classes to a wonderful UK charity, and I thought, why not? So I signed up for her "Something From Almost Nothing" class. It's a fantastic class all about using up what you already have in your stash. Lately I've been feeling a little guilty about the amount of crafty stuff I've been buying, and so this seemed like a great challenge for me. As part of the class, you are given prompts for a "Celebrate Life" album, with the idea being that you will have finished the album by the end of class. I've had this idea in the works for a few years to make a "Things I Love" album, and I even have a list of things I wanted to include in it. So I decided that instead of the "Celebrate Life" album I would use the inspiration from this class to finally get this album done that I've had kicking around for so long. The first prompt of class was all about making a title page, so here's the title page for my album:




You can't tell from the photos, but this is an 8x8 page. When I had this idea I thought smaller pages would be easier. Famous last words.... =P

There was a sketch included as part of the class, but I flipped it and also added a photo. I've actually known I wanted to use this photo in the title page for this album for a really long time, but just could not figure out a layout for the page. The sketch really helped. I chose this photo because 1) it's of me, and I figured in a way the album is really about me, as seen through the things I care about, and 2) I love this photo because it's so silly. It was taken at my undergrad graduation party, and everyone was trying on these aviator glasses of my brother's and taking silly photos. =)


The title block was also inspired by Shimelle's work. She's always using 2 or 3 different letter sets to make a title, and they always look great, so I thought I would try it. The best part is that I used up some of the letter stickers that have been sitting in a drawer for so long!

Thanks for looking, and I hope I will have lots more layouts to share as I make my way through this class. =)

*~M~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers