Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Sunny Card on a Gloomy Day

Hello everyone in Blog Land! After a few nice weather days, we have been stuck with a rather gloomy weekend, but I stubbornly continued making a rather bright and cheery card I started earlier in the week. It was actually inspired by the challenge over at the Copic Creations challenge blog, which was to use yellow to color something. After going through my stamps, I decided a nice yellow sundress for Fleur Anya would be just the thing. So here she is:



After I colored Anya I was having a hard time figuring out what I wanted my card to look like. Then I stumbled upon an awesome challenge blog called Anyone For Anya. They have challenges featuring my two (current) favorite stamp companies, The Greeting Farm and C.C. Designs, and so I was super excited to find this blog! Anyway, the current challenge is to use this sketch:


I started out by trying to follow the sketch very literally, but part way through I realized I liked the way it looked horizontally better, plus it left more room for Anya.

The background paper and strips are from Basic Grey, the new Sweet Threads and Lauderdale collections. (So cute!) The flower is from Prima, and actually started out as white, but I customized it with my Copics to be the same color as the ones in Anya's hair. =) This was the first time I've customized an embellishment with my Copics and it was both fun and nerve-wracking...I wasn't really sure how well the markers would blend on the flower material. Here's a close-up:


Here's a close-up of Anya...she's just so darn cute. =)


She was colored with the following colors: E11, E00, E000, R20/Y000, Y11, Y21, Y15/E29, E25, E31/RV14, RV13, RV21, RV10.

Maybe if I offer up this card to the weather gods they'll send the sun back! Hope everyone has something bright and cheery in their day today....thanks for looking!

*~M~*



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, fabulous choice of papers and colours and great colouring of the cute little Anya in her yellow sundress!!

    So glad you could join us at Copic Creations,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Mary!! Your colouring is perfect and I love the combo of these to Basic Grey papers - thanks for joining us at BG challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your coloring is awesome, love your card, thanks for joining us at AFA hugs Christa DT AFA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, your Anya looks fantastic in her yellow sundress on this beautiful card. I love how you've coordinated your flower too! So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers