Sunday, November 27, 2011

Grungy Monday #28

Oh my, my poor neglected blog! I keep doing crafty projects and then not blogging them, I have been such a bad blogger. I had to have a go at this week's Grungy Monday though, even if I am doing it at the last minute. =) This week the challenge was to do a project inspired by Tim's pumpkin for the Ranger Great Pumpkin Challenge. Tim's gorgeous project involved a lot of foil tape and alcohol inks, so I decided to try and do a tag with some embossed foil tape. Here's my finished project:




I covered a manila tag in Ranger's foil tape, and then embossed with Tim's Snow Flurries embossing folder. My idea was to color the background with blue alcohol inks by just dripping them on and letting them spread through the debossed sections, and then possibly coloring the snowflakes somehow to have them pop out even more. I ended up using the Snow Cap mixative on the snowflakes, but because of the unpredictability of the "dripping" method, the background didn't turn out as great as I'd hoped. I actually almost gave up on the tag, but I'm glad I didn't because after it was all embellished I was pretty happy with the overall look. The Winter Wonder die was cut from Core'dinations Whitewash paper, which was sanded down quite a bit, especially along the edges, to bring out the blue core. I stamped it with the snowflakes from the Reindeer Flight set in Iced Spuce ink, and then a sentiment from the Mini Holidays 3 set in Chipped Sapphire. I LOVE using the Iced Spruce for more subtle background stamping, it's so beautiful. =) The tag was finished off with some Sparkly Fluff and this pom-pom ribbon I got at Michael's along the bottom, and some Idea-ology Baubles and Trimmings dyed with Iced Spruce at the top. Overall it's quite sparkly and "snowy". =)

Along with Grungy Monday, I will also be entering this into two other challenges: the Simon Says Stamp challenge, where the theme is tags, and the Inspiration Emporium challenge, where the theme is tools. I decided to enter it in the second challenge because I used my favorite tool, my Big Shot, twice for this tag, plus I got to use the Tiny Attacher and the Sanding Grip. =)

Thanks for looking!

*~M~*



3 comments:

  1. gorgeous!!! love the details and the foil rocks! thanks for playing along with the Inspiration Emproium Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow flurries on the snowman are perfect. Love the metal looking snow flacks in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Mary, I love the snowman and the foil looks fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our "Tag your it" challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers