Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wish Upon A Star...

Hello Blogland inhabitants! Some more Christmas crafting to share today. Last night I finally finished a make-your-own-Advent-calendar project I was working on....after working on it since Thanksgiving! I was feeling a little burnt out on "projects" and just wanted to play. So I decided to see if I could put together a piece for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week, where the theme is 'stars'. As it turns out, there is a serious lack of stars in my stash. I had to dig quite a bit before I found a Jenni Bowlin chipboard piece that was a circle with a punched out star in the middle. I thought it might make a cute bit of Christmas decor if I decorated it and had the punched out star hanging from the bottom. Here is the final result:


I went quite grungy with this one. The first thing I did was cover both pieces with some paper from Tim's Seasonal Stash. Then I sanded the edges and inked them with Vintage Photo. To add a little vintage sparkle I painted both pieces with Rock Candy Crackle Paint. After the paint dried I embellished the small star with some Grungeboard numbers (from the Alphabet Soup set) that were colored with Fired Brick Distress ink and then glammed up with some Rock Candy Stickles. The embellishments on the large piece are bits from the Festive Greenery die cut from the Kraft Core-dinations stack (also covered with Rock Candy Stickles) and a word from the Seasonal sticker stash. I needed a short word, because I didn't want to cover up too much of the star, and I thought "wish" was appropriate, what with the star theme. =) The hanging hardware is just some hitch fasteners and a hinge clip and some Peapod twine that's been aged with Antique Linen Distress Stain. Here's some close ups so hopefully you can see some of the sparkle:



I think that's it! Thanks for looking! =)

*~M~*


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary! Your Jenni Bowlin chipboard circle with the star punched in the middle really turned out cute! You did a fantastic job with your embellishments! I love the hitch post you used as a connector! Way to think outside the box! :) Really cute design. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers