Thursday, March 29, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - March Tag

Hello Blog Readers! I've been absent for a while but I have a couple projects to post today. The first is my take on the March tag for 12 Tags of 2012 that Tim is doing on his blog. I didn't get to do a February tag but the mosaic technique that Tim did for this month was so cool I had to give it a try. Here's a picture of my tag:


I had to make some adjustments since I didn't have all of the same supplies that Tim had. First off, I didn't have the woodgrain stamp, but I really wanted to use this background stamp from Hero Arts. Because it has so much solid area, I was worried that if I stamped it straight on with a dark ink that it would overwhelm the design a little bit. I thought about stamping in Versamark for a watermark effect, but I was worried that would be too plain, so to add a little interest I did a "kissing" technique using one of Tim's Reflections stamps and some Walnut Stain Distress Ink. (Tim has a cool video about using Reflections here) Here's a close-up so hopefully you can see the effect of the kissing technique, and maybe also some of the detail on my mosaic flowers.


I also don't have the butterfly die Tim used, so I substituted the Mini Tattered Florals die, but other than that everything else on the tag was done pretty much how Tim demonstrates on his blog. I love this mosaic technique and have several ideas for using it on the holiday dies. Can't wait to play with it some more!


Thanks for looking! =)

*~M~*



1 comment:

  1. Lovely tag. I love the kissing technique you added to the backgground. Great idea. Great mosaic flower too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers