Friday, March 30, 2012

Fun With Canvas

Hello again, Bloglanders! I wanted to share a canvas I made just for fun. Lately I've had a little bit of awesome-class-overload, because there are just so many cool online classes going on right now. Two that I have been really enjoying are May Flaum's Field Guide class (I'm pretty sure registration for this is closed, but I think she has more fun classes coming up this year at Big Picture Classes if you want to keep an eye out) and Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry at Online Card Classes. I think the best lesson that I've learned from both of these classes is that it is okay to just sit down and play with your crafting supplies and see what happens! I had a small canvas lying around that I had applied some Crackle Paint to and then never finished, so yesterday I just decided to play with some paint and see what happened. Here is the result:


The original Crackle Paint that was on the canvas was Worn Lipstick, so I stuck with a pink color scheme. Yesterday in Tim's class he showed us how to make a wash with acrylic paint so I did that to color the rest of the background. Then I used Gold Paint Dabber and a Crafter's Workshop stencil to do the gold stars in the corners. The hearts were cut from Grungeboard that was covered in bits from Tim's Vintage Shabby paper stash using the Mini Hearts die. I edged them with Vintage Photo ink and then stamped on them using Coffee Archival ink before coating with Rock Candy Crackle Paint. The stamping on the canvas was done with Vintage Photo and Plum Archival. Here's some close-ups:


You can really see a lot of the crackling going on in this one. =)



I think that's it for today! Thanks for looking!

*~M~*







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers