Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Feelin' Spooky

Hello all! Today I have a layout to share that was inspired by Shimelle's Sketch of the Week. Ever since I realized that scrapping is so much easier for me with a sketch I have really been enjoying participating in these weekly sketch challenges. I also had a hankering to do some Halloween-type crafting, and when I found this pumpkin photo from last Halloween I just had to scrap it. Here is the finished layout:


All the patterned paper on this layout it from the new DCWV Halloween line, "Ghosts and Goblins"...and I actually used a matstack for this! I just cut the papers and then layered the photo over them so they magically look 12 inches long. Here's proof:


I actually bought this little stack for cardmaking so it was fun to get another use out of it. The solid gray and orange cardstock is from the matching cardstock stack...12x12 this time. =) I really liked the colors in this stack and I feel like they could work well for non-Halloween projects, especially some of the grays. In Shimelle's layout she used a border punch on the solid strip for this sketch, but I did not have an appropriate border punch so I used....wait for it.....decorative scissors! Talk about getting out the old school tools. =) I have a whole collection of decorative scissors I haven't used in ages and I was actually comtemplating getting rid of them, so it was kind of funny to be using them on this layout. Border punches are SOOO much easier, but I think I managed to get a fairly straight border here. The title for this layout is brought to you courtesy of Tim Holtz: the die-cut behind it is from the Hanging Sign die, the "spooky" sticker is from the Seasonal Salvage stickers (popped up on foam dots), and the letters are Alphabet Soup grungeboard letters colored with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. All the paper pieces were edged with Black Soot ink as well. Here's a couple close-ups of the details:




Thanks for looking! I just got my order that I had been not-so-patiently waiting for from Simon Says Stamp, and I am now the proud owner of some of Tim's new fall dies as well as the new fall Distress Inks! Hopefully I will have some projects using those to share soon. I can't wait to play! =) Yay for fall weather and fall crafting!

*~M~*

1 comment:

  1. Love that photo and your simple LO really makes the most of it - love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers