Thursday, May 24, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #6

Hello all! I've been absent lately, I kind of fell off the crafting/blogging wagon for a bit there. Today I came home from work and decided to try and do something for the latest Compendium of Cusiosities Challenge at the Studio L3 blog. This challenge features the techniques of the ever-amazing Tim Holtz, and this week the challenge was to do the technique on page 38 of his awesome book, Compendium of Curiosities 2. So, I made a pretty nice tag (if I do say so myself =P) but it turns out....I was two hours too late to enter the challenge! Oh dear.... =P But I had everything ready so I decided to blog my tag anyway. Here's some photos:





I went a little purple/butterfly crazy. =P I'm really excited about the coloring on the background because I got that awesome purple color by mixing two colors of Claudine Hellmuth's Studio paints: Sky Blue and Dash of Red. I just put a big ol' blob of the blue on my craft sheet and then added the tiniest amount of red and it came out way better than I could have hoped! The flowers are from Prima, and the butterflies are punched from the Distress Core'dinations paper using my Martha Stewart butterfly punches. The lacy edge is cut from the Vintage Lace die and then colored with the Pearl paint dabber. I really just can't get enough of that dabber. =) Oh, I almost forgot! I also covered my butterflies with Rock Candy Distress Stickles, which you can see a little bit of in the close up.

I really had fun making this tag. I got to try a couple new techniques and just had fun with it! Thanks for looking! =)

*~M~* 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers