Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My First Ever Project Life!

Hello Bloglandians! I have a quick layout share today. After attending Lain Ehmann's True Scrap in April (a fantastic twice-yearly event which I highly recommend), I was inspired to dabble in both digital scrapping and Project Life. I had a lightbulb moment where I realized I could do both together, so I've been learning digi scrapping in order to be able to do my Project Life digitally. I started taking a digi scrapping class at JessicaSprague.com, and it is amazing. Her teaching style is so great, I never feel overwhelmed at all and I learned so much in just the first two lessons of class! I already feel so much more comfortable with Photoshop Elements. You can also buy the digital Project Life supplies at Jessica's website. I went ahead and got the set of PL templates plus the Amber Edition full kit, and I used them today to make my first PL layout! I've been trying to take more photos all month in anticipation of starting this project. So here's what I have to start:


I have to say I'm kind of proud of this. I went from not even understanding what a 'layer' was to doing this whole layout! Of course I had a lot of help from the template, but I didn't even know how to use one of those a couple weeks ago either. =P Seriously, the classes from Jessica Sprague are so awesome, I can't wait to finish the first one so I can take some more! =) The page is centered around my cat, (pretty obvious from the photos =P ) because he turned 5 at the beginning of the month. He will always be my little kitten - I can't believe he's 5 already! Also I saw The Avengers right after it came out this month, so I documented that using some images I found on Google and some journaling. I'm planning on seeing it again, it was that good. =)

Here's to more fun Project Life pages!

Thanks for looking! =)

*~M~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers