Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fall Cards: Part 2

Hello again!

I have another Halloween card to share today. The weather here in Seattle finally started changing a couple of weeks ago and it really put me in a fall crafting mood. I've been stamping and creating with fall colors ever since, with my Spooky Tunes playlist playing in the background. =) 



Today's card features lots of Distress Inks, plus some of Tim's Kraft Core cardstock for a base. I like this because it is purple on the outside but the inside is kraft so it's easier to write on. I started by inking the main panel (which is watercolor cardstock) with Antique Linen and the new Fossilized Amber Distress ink. I have to admit, of the new Distress colors, Fossilized Amber was the one I was least interested in (I'm not a huge fan of yellow). But I think it looks GREAT here. Blended with the Antique Linen, with a little Vintage Photo around the edges, it makes the paper look that much more aged and grungy. Lesson learned: don't knock it till you've tried it! =)


I stamped this hexagon border stamp using Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, and Peeled Paint inks. I've had an idea of doing this sort of pattern with this stamp for months....it just happened that I finally tried it on a Halloween card! The stamping came out very imperfectly due to the texture of the cardstock, but I love the distressed look that it gives. 


After the main inking was done I just added the sentiment and a couple more glittery spider die cuts (glittery paper spiders are the only acceptable spider =P ) and this card was done! 


Like my last two cards, this card is available for sale in my Etsy shop. You can find it HERE


If it's fall in your neck of the woods, I hope the rest of this month brings you all the pumpkin spice, cool weather, and spooky fun your heart desires! (But don't eat too much candy corn) 

Thanks for looking!

*~M~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers