Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fall Cards: Wicked Washi

Hello hello!

Today I have more washi-based cards to share. I've had all my fall and Halloween washi on my desk for the last month and I am slightly obsessed with stacking them on top of each other and trying different combinations of patterns. It's easy and fun to see what they will look like together and you don't even have to put them on the card to try them out. I have three cards today. One uses the same layout that I used earlier in the month (see this post) and two are a new layout I tried using a 3x4 card as a focal point.



Here is the card using the old layout. I used a bunch of tape I bought at Impress again, including some black glitter tape (I love the glitter tape! And the crow tape!). The sentiment, as well as the little spider and bats, are from this set from Simon Says Stamp. 


These blocks of washi are so fun, and the cards are easy to mail, too! =)



The next two cards are almost identical, I just wanted to try them in different color schemes. I've been wanting to try this idea of making a smaller focal point on a 3x4 card or a tag and then attaching it to the front of a card to make a relatively clean and simple design. This was my first shot at it, and I combined it with my recent washi obesession. I used the 3x4 card die in this die set - first I traced the die onto some spare cardstock, covered the area with washi tape, and then die cut the card. I think this turned out even cooler than I had imagined! I want to make a bunch of these washi covered 3x4 cards now. =)



The web and spider were cut out of craft foam using some older Memory Box dies. They're so intricate and come out so cool with the foam! You can see the dimension in these close ups.


I added a bunch of Stickles to the spider just to make him pop a little bit more, and the sentiment was done with some Tim Holtz alpha parts.
I was so happy with the way this card turned out that I just had to make another one right away using some different washi. I have so much black and white Halloween washi that I decided to make a monochromatic one, with the only pop of color coming from the spider. Here is the result:



You can see I snuck in the glitter tape and the crow tape again... =) 


I actually cut this grey foam web for the first card, but there wasn't enough contrast between that, the black spider, and the patterns on the washi and everything just blended together. The white web ended up being better on that card but I love the grey one here. It's hard to tell in the photos but I added a little glitter to it using a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. 



The spider is cut from some glitter cardstock from an old DCWV Halloween stack. He's so sparkly and spooky, and I love the way he pops off this black and white card! 

That's all for today! I'm hoping to get one more Halloween post in by Saturday and then I think it might be time for....Christmas cards! =)

Thanks for looking!

*~M~*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers